Re: [pronut-hiv] Advice on developing STANDARD Nutrition Guidelines for PLWHA (11)

  • From: "Marlou Bijlsma" <marloubijlsma@yahoo.co.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 21:34:24 +0100 (BST)

Dear Daisy and others

Many guidelines mentioned in this discussion are guidelines that are developed for health workers.

For SAfAIDS, in ZImbabwe, I wrote guidelines on nutrition and HIV/AIDS for use in the home /home care setting. The content is based mainly on the FAO/WHO guidelines, but more practical, shorter and using simpler language. I also wrote a series of fact sheets to accompany this booklet for health workers. I have not seen the final version, but you could contact SAfAIDS for this publication.

If you, or others, fail to get a copy I could send you the draft.

Kind regards

Marlou Bijlsma

Daisy Chasauka <DaisyC@aafrica.org.zw> wrote:

Dear Nutritionists,

A lot has been written on Nutrition and HIV/AIDS. However, I wanted some
advice on how I can come up with standard nutrition guidelines for PLWHA,
which I intend to submit/recommend to my government as soon as possible.
Apparently our Ministry of Health has not yet developed these as yet.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Daisy Chasauka
Programme Officer -(HIV/AIDS and Nutrition Officer)
ActionAid in Zimbabwe
16 York Avenue, Newlands, Harare
P.O. Box CY2451, Causeway,Harare,
Zimbabwe

Tel: +263-4-788122/776850/776127
Fax: +263-4-7881124

E-mail: DaisyC@aafrica.org.zw

"A world without poverty is an Africa without poverty. The capacity and
determination of the people in Africa make this an achievable goal."