RE: [pronut-hiv] Evidence based information and best practises (4)

  • From: "zohra lukmanji" <z_lukmanji@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 19:08:17 +0000

Joseph

Thanks - I was thinking more in the line of macronutrients - ie fat
protein, energy etc.
Within the Nutriiton and HIV projects supported by Harvard in
collaboration with Muhimbili University college of Health sciences -
we have been doing dietary assessments on all the subjects
participating in the study and this involves hiv infected pregnant
women. So we want to look at the micornutrient intake of our cohort in
association with the change in cd4 count, birth outcomes and mother
child transmission in hiv infected pregnant women. There is some
evidence pointing to the higher transmission rate in undernourished
pregnant women.

So any suggestion, information from anyone involved in such work will
be most welcome

regards

zohra