[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[pronut-hiv] CRS HIV Continuum of Care Forum in Washington DC
- From: "Williams, Daphyne" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:05:31 -0400
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) will host a HIV Continuum of Care Forum on September 15 and 16, 2009 in Washington, D.C. at the AED Conference Center. Innovative and promising practices from our HIV care and treatment programs around the world will be highlighted. Field practitioners will join CRS HIV technical staff in presenting these strategies. People who have benefited from CRS programs will also share their stories. Welcoming remarks will be provided by Ken Hackett, President of Catholic Relief Services.
Opening remarks will be provided by:
* Dr. Joseph F. O'Neill, University of Maryland School of Medicine
* Patricia Bass, R.N., Futures Group International
Presentations will be provided by a variety of staff, partners, and beneficiaries from various countries including Rwanda, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Zambia, Haiti, India, Viet Nam, and Cambodia. Select presentations include:
* Prevention of Mother-To-Child Transmission of HIV
* Pediatric Counseling for Children Living with HIV
* Integrating HIV and TB Services
* Community Nutrition Interventions for People Living with HIV
* Client Focused Health Facilities in Low Prevalence Settings
* Community Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy (ART)
* Innovations in Patient Monitoring and Management
* Health Systems Strengthening for ART Delivery and Sustainability
* Strengthening Local Partners for Sustainable Solutions
The event is open to the public, and lunch is provided. A reception with guest speakers will also follow the second day of the event. We request that those planning on attending please pre-register at http://symposia.crsprogramquality.org/hiv-continuum-care-forum/. Walk-ins are also welcomed.
We look forward to your participation at the Forum.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions: contact Shannon Senefeld (firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>) or Mychelle Farmer (firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>).